William Jay Bryan, M.D.
Dr. Bryan has been in practice for over thirty five years at the Texas Medical Center in Houston. He earned a B.A. from Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland before graduating with his M.D. from the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas.
His internship and orthopedic surgery residency was completed at the Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. Bryan completed multiple surgical fellowships including a sports medicine fellowship at the Berkshire Sports Medicine Institute of the North Adams Regional Hospital in Williamstown, Massachusetts, an arthritis and implant surgery fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City, New York, an AO trauma and hip surgery fellowship at Inselspital in Berne, Switzerland, and a knee sports medicine and reconstruction fellowship at Alfred Hospital in Melbourne, Australia.
He is licensed by the state of Texas and is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons. Over the course of his career, Dr. Bryan has served as the team physician for the Houston Astros, the Houston Hotshots and the US Olympic cycling team. He now concentrates his practice on adult total knee replacements.
Dr. Bryan’s professional memberships include:
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Harris County Medical Society
- Houston Orthopedic Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Society of Sports Medicine
- Texas Orthopedic Association
- Association of Major League Baseball Physicians
- Association of Professional Team Physicians
- National Orthopedic Educational Orthopedic Society